Over the years, ICAN has grown to become THE voice of IPC in Africa and is recognised by goverments across the world as well as the WHO.
The ICAN biennial Congress provides a platform throughout Africa for sharing knowledge, experience and best practices in Infection Prevention and Control with the goal of ensuring access to safe and quality healthcare across the continent.
With Covid-19 still a very real threat in Africa, this year’s congress will be taking place online from 23 – 25 November 2021.
The virtual congress is aimed at nurses, doctors, students and other healthcare practitioners with an interest in Infection Prevention and Control including, but not limited to:
- Senior hospital management, nursing managers, senior nursing and medical staff.
- IPC specialists and medical laboratory scientists.
- Technical managers, hospital engineers and maintenance personnel.
- Health services and facilities planners, administrators and managers.
- Infrastructure equipment suppliers and specialists.
- Clinical engineering practitioners and technicians.
- Medical equipment suppliers and specialists.
- Information technology and communications specialists.
- Security, environment and waste management suppliers and specialists.