If you have completed original research which you would like to share with your peers then now is the time to submit an abstract to the 18th International Congress on Infectious Diseases taking place March 1- 4 2018 in Buenos Aires.
ISID is committed to recognizing excellence in research and global participation in the fight against infectious diseases. The following four award categories are available to delegates submitting abstracts to ensure that the very best in recent research from around the world is presented at the Congress:
- Sanofi Pasteur Awards for Communicable Disease Epidemiology – 2 awards for the best abstracts accepted for presentation at the Congress. Each award consists of $2,500 (USD) in addition to reimbursement of travel, accommodation and registration expenses for the 18th ICID.*
- ProMED Awards in Emerging Infectious Diseases – 3 awards for the best abstracts in the area of emerging infectious diseases accepted for presentation at the Congress. Each award consists of $500 (USD) and registration expenses for the 18th ICID.*
- ISID New Investigator Award – 1 award consisting of a round trip economy airfare to the 18th ICID, hotel accommodation and registration expenses for the Congress. Applicants must be based outside North America or Western Europe and have not previously had an abstract accepted for oral presentation at an international meeting.*
- Professional Development Travel Grants for Early Career Investigators supported by a grant from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation – approximately 50 grants will be awarded to presenters aged under 40 addressing challenges in the areas of infectious diseases in select countries with a Gross National Income (GNI) per capita below USD $1,580. Grants consist of the reimburement of approved travel expenses, hotel accommodation, registration fees for the 18th ICID and, if necessary, costs associated with visa applications.*
The deadline for submitting abstracts is November 3rd. Entering for an award could not be simpler:
1. Check the eligibility criteria
2. Read the abstract guidelines
3. Tick the appropriate box on the affirmation page when you submit your abstract
We look forward learning about your research when we meet you in Buenos Aires.
ISID Program Director
*Please see the 18th ICID web site for a full list of eligibility criteria.