World Health Organisation COVID-19 Training
Infection Prevention and Control for Healthcare Workers 12-16 April 2021
The Basic IPC for Healthcare Workers is an introductory course specifically designed for healthcare personnel requiring basic IPC knowledge with an emphasis on hand hygiene, standard precautions, and procedure-based transmission precautions in newly developing health systems. It is not designed to be totally comprehensive or extensive, but to introduce basic concepts of IPC to the learners. The aim of this short course is to familiarize healthcare personnel with evidence-based IPC practices to improve quality of care. The course is based on structured curricula and evidence and provides a basis for developing health policies for safe clinical practice for both patients and staff. The examination at the end of the course will be to assess competency. Click here to view the flyer.
World Health Organisation COVID-19 Training
We are pleased to announce three new courses which have recently become available on OpenWHO:
- Standard precautions: Waste management: In this course, you will learn about the different categories of waste and the process for waste management. Health care waste includes all waste generated by health, research and laboratory facilities in the course of providing health care services. Health care waste in a facility should be managed from the point of generation to final disposal and removal.
- Tobacco product regulation: Basic handbook: Although tobacco use is a major public health problem, tobacco products are one of the few openly available consumer products that are virtually unregulated in many countries for contents, emissions and design features. In this three-part series, you will first review the basics of tobacco product regulation and international guidance (Sections 1-2), steps to assessing regulatory needs and capacity and regulatory considerations (Sections 3-4), and finally, implementation and potential challenges, novel, new and modified tobacco or related products, and testing and disclosure (Sections 5-7).
- Tobacco product regulation: Building laboratory testing capacity: In recent years, health authorities have become increasingly interested in the potential of tobacco product regulation to reduce the morbidity and mortality associated with tobacco use. This course provides practical, stepwise approaches to implementing tobacco testing to improve tobacco product regulation. Such guidance is relevant to a wide range of countries in various settings, even those with inadequate resources to establish a testing facility.
COVID-19 resources now available in 25 languages!
OpenWHO now has a total of 72 resources for COVID-19 spread across 25 languages, the newest being Amharic, Hausa, Odia and Swahili. Since last Thursday the 7th, 9 new language versions have been added:
- A general introduction to emerging respiratory viruses, including novel coronaviruses in Amharic, Hausa, Odia and Swahili
- How to put on and remove PPE for COVID-19 in Arabic
- SARI treatment facility design in Indonesian and Spanish
- An introduction to Go.Data in Spanish
- IPC for COVID-19 in Vietnamese
Complete list of COVID-19 learning resources
In summary, OpenWHO currently offers courses covering the following topics and languages to support the response to COVID-19:
- A general introduction to emerging respiratory viruses, including novel coronaviruses (available in Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, Spanish, Amharic, Bengali, Hausa, Hindi, Hungarian, Indian Sign Language, Indonesian, Macedonian, Odia, Persian, Portuguese, Serbian, Swahili, Turkish, Vietnamese and Urdu);
- Clinical care SARI (available in English, French, Russian, Spanish, Indonesian, Portuguese and Vietnamese);
- Health and safety briefing for respiratory diseases – ePROTECT (available in Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, Spanish, Indonesian and Portuguese);
- IPC for COVID-19 (available in Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, Spanish, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Macedonian, Polish, Portuguese, Serbian, Turkish and Vietnamese);
- COVID-19 operational planning guidelines and partners platform to support country preparedness and response (available in Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, Indonesian and Portuguese);
- SARI treatment facility design (available in Arabic, English, Russian, Indonesian, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish);
- An introduction to Go.Data (available in English and Spanish);
- How to put on and remove PPE for COVID-19 (available in Arabic and English);
- Standard precautions for hand hygiene (available in English and coming soon in additional languages); and
- Standard precautions for waste management (available in English and coming soon in additional languages).
ICAN Training Courses
We are pleased to announce our education and training programme for 2019 below, please click on each course name to find out more information. Please note to find out more about the
Fundamentals of Infection Prevention and Control modular course please contact email@example.com. To apply click here
British Society for Antimicrobial Chemotherapy
Please find below links to he BSAC virtual learning platform and MOOC courses.
IPC Accreditation Board for Africa (IABA)
Please see below IABA accreditation standards
Webber Teleclass – Portuguese
Please see below links to Webber Teleclasses
Please find additional links to external education and training resources.